Saturday, 26 June 2010

A compliment a day....

I have had a lovely if slightly bizarre day.

I had a night out with Mr C last night straight from work so I left my diary on my desk. BIG mistake.

I had two appointments today one to pick up my new corset. It's all made to measure and is lovely. Black satin and a underbust one. I love it.
The other appointment was a to get my hair done. I got the two times mixed up. So it was a bit of a rush when I realised.

The new corset is beautiful...so comfy... I'm going to wear it and wear it.

So I legged it back to my hairdresser to get my hair done. If anyone has seen Mistresses and remembers Jessica's hair do from series one, thats what I aimed for. It's all sort of modern and asymmetrical....A real change for me but I love it.

I then popped into Boots which is where the bizarreness all happened.

I was restocking up on my Ponds cold cream... when this lady started chatting to me about how she used to use it years ago, I said that had used it for a while and that I read in an interview Kylie used it too.....she looked amused at that and we had a wee discussion about skin care. She kept saying I was the right age to start being so young...I laughed and said I wasn't that young but thanks, she looked at me and said I was early twenties surely....I really started to laugh and told her I was 37, she was gratifyingly surprised, just then another lady came up and asked me did I use POnds as I was holding the box in my hand. I said I did and she joined in our conversation about skin care. The first lady couldn't wait to ask the new lady my age and seemed to get more of a kick than me when I told her...she reckoned I was in my early twenties too. Turns out she was 70 and the first lady was 79...neither looked their age. we had a wander about the shelves together and decided I need a toner so went for the shops rosewater and glycerin one.

I spent a whole £6.48 on the Ponds and on the toner.
We all hugged each other goodbye and said we should have a reunion next to the moisturisers in six weeks to see how we got on.
I suspect Boots might have ninga sales woman who sell by stealth. Because these two were deadly, If they don't it's a cracking way to do it.

It was a really lovely and random moment that so made my day.
Next I went to farmfoods to get some milk where I had another conversation with someone at the checkout about milk and bread and how she got a real bargin and was so chuffed but would just have to drink the extra milk she had bought!

On to the car park where I was stopped for direction by a older couple who were obviously dressed for a wedding. The woman was wearing a lovely red dress and I complimented her on it, she was all thrilled and told me it was her cousins wedding and she had been all worried about what to wear, I told her she looked gorgeous , she did, she was delighted. Her hubby looked at her as if he was just so proud of her. It was just lovely.

So I decided to try and give a sincere compliment once a day from now on as I really saw how a nice compliment can just make someones day. We all find it easier to be critical and tear someone down....I want to try and do the opposite. And if I felt the need to pass on my good mood, I'm sure others will.

No comments:

Post a Comment